Masters' Supply, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Maintenance/Fabricator in Louisville, KY. This is a full-time position, 40+ hours/week, Monday-Friday.
Masters' Supply is an employee-owned company; Competitive wages and excellent benefits offered.
· Inspects and identifies equipment or machines in need of repair.
· Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician. Examples may include repairing drywall, painting, electrical, and woodwork
· Cleans and assists with upkeep of the facilities.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Pipe and groove threading
· Check measurements and dimensions of each piece that’s being worked on with rulers, measuring tapes or squares
· Place each product component in its appropriate spot as noted in the blueprints for proper alignment by using a hammer, pry bar, jack, wedge or another tool
· Mark spots to cut and use tools to manipulate steel, plastic or other materials by cutting, hammering, bending or grinding the workpiece
· Employ furnaces or hand torches to heat up materials to make them more flexible for bending or manipulation into the correct specification
· Review blueprints, drawings and other specification papers before starting work on a fabrication process and during the steps to ensure accurate completion
· Maneuver fabrication machines, such as grinders, drill presses, brakes, rolls, shears and flame cutters to cut, bend, grind and adjust materials
· High school diploma or a GED equivalent
· At least two years of experience in fabrication
· Ability to comprehend blueprints and work specifications
· Physical ability to lift at least 75 pounds or more
· Preferred welding certificate completion
· Understanding of construction tasks and industrial processes
· Knowledge of general carpentry and repair
· Ability to use hand tools and power tools
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Excellent color vision and hand dexterity
· Attention to detail
· Prolonged periods standing and walking
Job Type: Full-time